Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Conclusion

I am so sad this semester is coming to and end. This class has been, by far, my favorite class I've taken at Auburn. Everything we did was new and interesting and I loved ever minute of it.
I think that is why I chose this major, because I am not familiar with anything Agricultural, so everything I learn and encounter is brand-new and exciting.
By taking this class I have learned not only a great deal about the handling and management of livestock, but I have also learned a great deal about myself and my abilities. I have made many new friends, and connections with faculty I may not have had otherwise.
This class is one of those experiences that I will probably talk about for years to come, and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in animals or agriculture, but haven't had the chance to have hands on experience.
I hope this class becomes a permanent fixture in the department of Animal Sciences, because it has truly made an impact on my freshman year here at Auburn, and I feel like it would also have the same effect on students to come.
Not everyone has had the opportunity to interact with livestock before coming to college, but as a major industry in America, I feel it is almost necessary for our universities to provide some basic hands-on knowledge of livestock to students.
This course has opened up so many doors for me, and I am so glad I had to opportunity to participate in this pilot program!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Serendipity by Ashley Culpepper is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at onthewaytofindingmyway.blogspot.com
.